Sunday, November 20, 2011

New Carry Piece-Kahr PM45

I qualified for my CHL with the Ruger SR1911. It is a fantastic full-size 1911, but a little substantial for everyday carry. I carried it in a Bianchi shoulder rig last weekend and it was a little tiring by the end of the day. That's when I decided to look for a carry .45. I really like the Kimber Stainless Pro Carry but it is a bit expensive and wouldn't pass the WAF (wife approval factor).


After some searching, Rockinaseaofchaos and I went to Central Texas Gunworks. They had a Kahr PM45 in their preowned case. I'm not usually a fan of polymer pistols but Elmer showed my why this one was different. It's really small, holds 5+1 (or 6+1) rounds of .45 ACP and fits nicely in my hand. I picked it up Saturday and will be headed to the range for a little run through on Monday. Thanks to Mike, Scott and Elmer for all their help.

PS-
It was great not to have to wait for four days to pick up the pistol; CHL is my friend!!

1 comment:

  1. That is a nice gun, and you got a darn good deal on it. Look forward to shooting it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete