Monday, May 3, 2010

A Little Thing for Someone with Big Feet


As the blog name implies, I'm not a small guy. For years, I wore a size 13 shoe (even as a yoot). About 10 years ago, my feet were no longer able to be contained in triskaidekian footwear. Apparently feet, as well as noses and ears, continue to grow as we age. I am now a size 14, which makes shoe shopping difficult on good days.
Friday evening I was out with the fam and suggested that we stop into Famous Footwear in Sunset Valley to look for some sandals for our upcoming Disneyworld trip. I saw some that I liked but they didn't have 14's. They scanned the bar-code on the box and found a pair at another location near my office. While that were doing that, I wandered over to the clearance (Clarence) rack and found a pair of New Balance cross trainers in my size. SCORE!! And those babies set me back 50....dimes. Five Bucks? Are you kiddin' me? That's less than they paid the kid to stitch them together.
Famous Footwear, You Rock!!

No comments:

Post a Comment